Among facilities provided in Seven Kings Park were an ornate bandstand and bowling green, both of which remain, together with formal planting in a symmetrical layout of beds, largely roses, some trees and shrubs.
The Seven Kings area had developed rapidly after the Great Eastern Railway opened the station here. Originally called Seven Kings and Goodmayes Recreation Ground, the park was opened in 1902, laid out on land donated to the borough in 1900 by A. Cameron Corbett, who developed much of Ilford and later became Lord Rowallan. The house of Downshall Farm was demolished to make way for the park and the surrounding estate was developed around 1914.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open daily 8am-dusk; closed Christmas Day
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open daily 8am-dusk; closed Christmas Day
DirectionsTube: Newbury Park (Central). Rail: Seven Kings. Bus:364 (then walk)
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust