The park is divided by Mayesbrook Road into two compartments, that in the north having a pair of lakes. One lake was created in 1945 from the crater left by a V2 bomb. The park has avenues of horse-chestnut and lime trees and retains its gothic-style gates and stretches of railings.
The public park was laid out in 1901 to provide a green 'lung' for the new Mayfield Estate, built by developer A Cameron Corbett, who donated land for the park to the UDC. The area grew up following the arrival of the railway in 1901 and is named after Goodmayes Farm, which once stood on what is now the park.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open daily 8am-dusk (check site owner for closing time); closed Christmas Day.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open daily 8am-dusk (check site owner for closing time); closed Christmas Day.
DirectionsRail: Goodmayes. Bus: 128, 129, 364, 368, 387.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)