However you choose to support Parks & Gardens UK, you will be helping ensure future generations can learn more about the beauty and history of designed landscapes, parks and gardens across the UK.
Get involved in:
- Researching the history of a park or garden in your area, or contribute research that you have already done.
- Creating a profile of a person who has been historically associated with a park or garden.
- Writing an article on a garden history theme for the website.
- Taking digital photos of parks, gardens, historic garden features and other artefacts.
Find out more about Research volunteers
You could join the PGUK Team based at Hestercombe who are involved in:
- Inputting new research information
- Updating current historical records
- Maintaining the archive database
- Uploading new photographs to the archive
Full training will be provided for this role.
Find out more about Data input volunteers
Please consider making a single or regular donation to support the PGUK project.
The PGUK archive has records of almost 10,000 historic designed landscape sites and over 2,400 biographies of associated people and organisations. Your donation will help us continue the development of the Parks & Gardens archive to ensure that historic information regarding parks, gardens and design landscape across the UK are available for future generations.
Donate to PGUK