However you choose to support Parks & Gardens UK, you will be helping ensure future generations can learn more about the beauty and history of designed landscapes, parks and gardens across the UK.
Get involved in:
- Researching the history of a park or garden in your area, or contribute research that you have already done.
- Creating a profile of a person who has been historically associated with a park or garden.
- Writing an article on a garden history theme for the website.
- Taking digital photos of parks, gardens, historic garden features and other artefacts.
Find out more about Research volunteers
You could join the PGUK Team based at Hestercombe who are involved in:
- Inputting new research information
- Updating current historical records
- Maintaining the archive database
- Uploading new photographs to the archive
Full training will be provided for this role.
Find out more about Data input volunteers
Please consider making a single or regular donation to support the PGUK project.
The PGUK archive has records of almost 10,000 historic designed landscape sites and over 2,400 biographies of associated people and organisations. Your donation will help us continue the development of the Parks & Gardens archive to ensure that historic information regarding parks, gardens and design landscape across the UK are available for future generations.
Donate to PGUK
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for Parks and Gardens with easyfundraising?
There are over 7,000 brands on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
1. Go to the Easyfundraising website and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to Easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, the brand will make a donation to Parks and Gardens at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and Parks and Gardens will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.
Donate through easyfundraising