The church stands in a triangular landscaped site on sloping ground surrounded by iron railings and hedging separating it from the roads or footpath at the back. The side door to the church on Seven Kings Road is reached by a cantilevered path over the steep slope of the garden. The church garden has an avenue of trees flanking the path from the gate at the apex of the triangle to the main entrance at the junction of Balmoral Gardens and Seven Kings Road. Planting includes silver birch, holly and pine trees, and shrubs including yucca at the side slopes.
Seven Kings (United) Methodist Church originated in 1903 as a Society of the United Methodist Free church, services first being held in the Central Hall. The red brick church designed by George Baines & Son, has a circular spire. It opened in 1905 and was later enlarged in 1923. One of the leading members of this church was A E Williams, secretary and biographer of Dr Barnardo.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is only open occasionally, at times when services are held in the church.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is only open occasionally, at times when services are held in the church.
DirectionsRail: Seven Kings. Bus: 86, 551.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust