Ways to volunteer
You could help with research:
- Research the history of a park or garden in your area, or contribute research that you have already done.
- Create a profile of a person who has been historically associated with a park or garden.
- Write an article on a garden history theme for the website.
- Take digital photos of parks, gardens, historic garden features and other artefacts.
If you are not already a member of a Gardens Trust or similar organisation, we would like to put you in touch with your nearest group, where you will find help and support from other garden researchers. But you are welcome to register with us individually if you prefer.
If you need training on how to carry out research and recording of historic parks and gardens, we can help with that too. For those who are totally new to the subject, we provide an Overview of Research and Recording Practice online
Forms and information
The Research Recording Form and Volunteer Training Manual are available on the Resources page. Other useful tools can also be found on this page such as the Glossary and the Thesaurus which provide definitions and accompanying images for terms and concepts associated with historic designed landscapes.
For more information please contact email@example.com
You could help with inputting information:
We welcome volunteers adding and editing records in the database. You could join the PGUK Team based at Hestercombe who are involved in:
- Inputting new research information
- Updating current historical records
- Maintaining the archive database
- Uploading new photographs to the archive
Full training will be given for this role.
For more information about Data Input Volunteering email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref P&G22
Registered PGUK Database archive volunteers can login directly to upload or edit information.
To register for data entry please contact email@example.com and include the word 'register' in the subject line. Alternatively, you can send us the information and we can upload it for you.