The garden consists of two railed enclosures with grass and trees, and with a small central paved seating area between them.
Primrose Gardens was originally Stanley Gardens, named after a Dean of Westminster of that name, the Deans being landowners here. At one time it was used by Hampstead Cricket Club. The houses of Stanley Gardens, with the elongated oval central garden, were built in the 1880s. The garden was acquired by Hampstead Borough Council in 1920, the name changing to Primrose Gardens in 1939.
Visitor FacilitiesThe garden is open from 7.30am to dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe garden is open from 7.30am to dusk.
London Parks and Gardens Trust