The small railed garden is now publicly accessible.
St George's Terrace was built c.1852, with a strip of communal garden in front of the houses that was owned partly by the Provost and College of Eton and partly by the Trustees of the Broder Estate, the dividing line marked by three stones in the ground. Tenants of the terrace were able to use the garden upon payment of an annual sum. A former resident of the terrace was Lord Byron's widow who lived in Nos. 10-11, where she died in 1860.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open daily until dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open daily until dusk.
DirectionsTube: Chalk Farm (Northern). London Overground: Camden Road. Bus: 274.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust