This small area of grass and a few trees formed a common frontage to a number of houses in Elsworthy Road. It was transferred to Hampstead Borough Council, and covenanted to be kept as ornamental landscaping.
This area was part of farmland held by the Provost and College of Eton since the C15th, which was developed in three phases from the 1840s onwards. Elsworthy Road was part of the third phase, and was developed by speculative builder William Willett between 1890 and 1911, largely the work of architects Harry Measures and Amos Faulkner and inspired by Arts and Crafts style.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsLondon Overground: South Hampstead
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust