The churchyard is adjacent to Barkingside Cemetery; it has notable horse chestnut and willow, and the boundary to Mossford Green has a low brick perimeter wall and simple iron entrance gate with arch/light.
Holy Trinity Barkingside Churchyard is among the oldest burial grounds in Barkingside, now closed to burials. The church is marked on early-19th century plans as 'Mosfoot' parish church. In the churchyard are numerous headstones, and a few chest tombs and monuments; the earliest surviving grave dates from around 1790. The present church, a yellow brick building in Norman style, was rebuilt in 1839-40 to designs of Edward Blore, and extended twice since. The chancel was added in around 1898, and the north and west vestries were added in the 20th century.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Barkingside (Central). Bus: 129,150, 167, 247, 462.
Diocese of Chelmsford
London Parks and Gardens Trust