The large, flat park is interspersed with sycamore, ash, oak, lime and horse chestnut avenue.
Clayhall Park is on former land of the Manor of Clay Hall, which was broken up in 1927. First mentioned in 1203, it probably remained in ownership of the de la Claie or Clay family until 1313 and then passed through various owners. The manor house, which must have once been a substantial building, was demolished in the mid-18th and century replaced by a farmhouse. The park opened to the public in 1934 and the farmhouse, outbuildings and chapel were demolished in 1935.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open daily 8am-dusk (check site owner for closing time); closed Christmas Day.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open daily 8am-dusk (check site owner for closing time); closed Christmas Day.
DirectionsTube: Gants Hill (Central). Bus: 123, 179,251, 462.
London Parks and Gardens Trust