Near the entrance on Cranbrook Road is a drinking fountain presented in 1906 by Cllr W P Griggs, JP and Chairman of Ilford UDC's Parks Committee.
Barkingside was part of the municipal borough of Ilford, which once lay within the large estate lands belonging to Barking Abbey. In the 1880s the hamlet consisted of a few houses and cottages, the church, public houses and the charitable institution of Dr Barnardo, but even into the 1920s the area was quite rural. Barkingside Recreation Ground dates from the early-20th century.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open daily 8am-dusk (check site owner for closing time); closed Christmas Day.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open daily 8am-dusk (check site owner for closing time); closed Christmas Day.
DirectionsTube: Barkingside (Central). Bus: 129, 150, 167, 247, 275.
- Early 20th Century