Landscaping in the square consists of two trees within an oval traffic island and a paved area in the south-west with shaped beds, a birdbath and a few seats.
Warwick Square takes its name from the Earls of Warwick who had a mansion in Warwick Lane from 1351. The square is overlooked from the north by buildings erected in 1966-72 to extend the Central Criminal Court, which had been built in 1902-07 on the former site of Newgate Gaol. Part of the earlier building was replaced and remnants in the form of four columns are within a small formally landscaped garden adjacent to Warwick Square.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: St Paul's (Central)
London Parks and Gardens Trust