When Noble Street was widened the churchyard garden was united with public gardens to the north to create one public open space with seating and shrubberies.
In the early C12th and C13th the church here is recorded variously as St Agnes and St Anne, and by 1460 both saints are referred to. By 1269 there are records of a churchyard. Largely destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666 a new church was built in 1677-1687 by Wren, later damaged by bombing in WWII it was restored in 1963-68 in keeping with Wren's designs. The churchyard was extended on the south and east side as a result of bomb damage and a garden was created in the early 1970s with an area of lawn with some tombstones near the church, low walls surrounding it and a good variety of trees.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: St Paul's (Central)
London Parks and Gardens Trust