Part of the former churchyard is now a public garden to the south and east of the church. It incorporates a Garden of Remembrance to soldiers of the Royal Fusiliers City of London Regiment, which has historical connections with the church. An area of former churchyard to the north is private.
A church is recorded here in c.1137 when it was given to the Priory of St Bartholomew; it was originally dedicated to St Edmund. There are records of the churchyard from c1240. Much of the present building dates from 1670 when Wren rebuilt the church after the Great Fire.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted (area north of church inaccessible). Church open Tue, Thur 12-2pm; Wed 11am-3pm.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted (area north of church inaccessible). Church open Tue, Thur 12-2pm; Wed 11am-3pm.
DirectionsTube: St Paul's (Central). Rail: City Thameslink
- Associated People