The park is rectangular with a central pavilion with a perimeter path with trees along the boundary with Balaclava Road and along the railway which borders the park to the south are trees and shrubs, with seating at intervals. A central path divides the main area of grass, with a drinking fountain of the Metropolitan Drinking Fountain Association where the path meets the perimeter along the railway. There are a number of flower beds by the entrance gates at the south-east.
The land was initially leased for the recreation ground from the Earl of Lovelace in 1888, for £30 per annum. It was eventually purchased in 1901 for £10,000 and in 1902 the recreation ground was renamed Victoria Recreation Ground for Queen Victoria. A cricket pavilion was built in 1907.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Surbiton. Bus: K3