A fine avenue of trees leads towards the pavilion and trees line some boundaries including the main entrance on King Charles Road. Red Lion Gardens, just south of the gates, is a triangular area of formal planting by the main road.
The site for Alexandra Park, as Alexandra Recreation Ground was called when it first opened, was purchased in the late-19th century or early-20th century in order to provide public recreational facilities in the quickly developing town of Surbiton. The park provided various sporting facilities, which in 1944 included a miniature railway, and it is the home of a number of clubs, with hedged croquet and bowling greens.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Surbiton then bus. Bus: 265, 281, 406, 418