The gardens were re-landscaped in the 1990s when a new water feature and pergola were constructed, an earlier rock feature recreated, new paths and planting.
The Crescent was built in the early 1840s; a map of Surbiton Estate in 1847 shows the gardens fronting The Crescent informally laid out with a simple path meandering through them; trees were later planted and by 1910 the gardens were railed and the clock tower had been built to the south. The railings were later removed as part of the World War 2 war effort. A large circular paddling pool was constructed by the early 1930s.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Surbiton. Bus: 71, 281, 406, 418, 514, 518, K1, K2, K3.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust