Fine mature trees including cedar and evergreen oak remain within the sweeping lawns in front of the house, with gardens behind.
Allbury House dates from 1856, a grand house with an entrance porch with 4 Ionic columns. The OS Map of 1895-98 shows a lodge on the main road and a curving drive leading to the house. In 1926, no longer in use as a private house, it became Surbiton County School. It is now part of The Hollyfield School, which was established in 1937, since 2011 an Academy Trust.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsRail: Surbiton. Bus: K4
- Mid 19th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust