The church has a small area of garden around it with grass, roses, shrubs and trees, and a path runs around the church.
St Matthew's Church was built by C L Luck in 1874/5 to serve the growing population of Surbiton and has a fine landmark spire, 'the stateliest church in Surbiton' according to Nikolaus Pevsner. Money for the church and vicarage came largely from William Matthew Coulthurst, a senior partner in Coutts Bank, who provided £24,000. A plaque set into the wall records Mr Coulthurst's bequest, which was partly in memory of his sister Hannah who had died.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Surbiton. Bus: 281, 406, 418
Official WebsiteClick Here
London Parks and Gardens Trust