The churchyard is on a hilly site with terraced lawns, a few rose beds and tombs within the grass and to the west are mature yews. A path leads from the church via short flights of steps down to the entrance gate on Church Hill Road with an avenue of yews. Wooden paling fence forms the boundary to the main road, St Mark's Hill.
St Mark's Church was built in 1845 and remodelled in 1855 by P C Hardwick but it was almost completely destroyed in World War 2, except for the tower and spire of 1860, and was rebuilt in 1960. Most of the gravestones were damaged or broken and were removed from the churchyard.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Surbiton. Bus: K4, 281, 406, 418.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust