Tottenham Green and Tottenham Green East are two triangular plots either side of the High Road. In the centre of Tottenham Green East, Haringey Peace Garden was created in 1985 when part of the site was dedicated to Olof Paume, Swedish Prime Minister.
Tottenham is recorded in the Domesday Book as a settlement around the Green but almost certainly dated back to pre-Norman times. It centred on Tottenham High Cross, a wooden cross by the road for which there are records from 1409. Formerly commonland, Tottenham Green was probably enclosed with railings and laid out as a public garden soon after 1897.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Seven Sisters (Victoria). Bus: 76, 149, 259, 279, 318, 41, 123, 230, W4
London Parks and Gardens Trust