Originally called Seven Sisters Gardens, it was laid out with a central grass plat with a small circular pool at its centre, with seating, perimeter walks, raised mixed borders and a small square pavilion. The garden was later renamed Manchester Gardens. Having become neglected, improvements were undertaken in 2008 and the gardens have been redesigned, although retain a formal layout.
The site was made public property by a deed of gift by Mr T A Mason in February 1925, on the condition that it should be laid out as a garden providing a restful retreat for the aged and infirm.
Visitor FacilitiesThe gardens are open from dawn to dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe gardens are open from dawn to dusk.
DirectionsRail: Stamford Hill/Seven Sisters then bus. Tube: Seven Sisters (Victoria) then bus. Bus: 259, 279.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust