Features of Down Lane Recreation Ground include football pitches, basket ball/tennis courts, adventure play areas and a bowling green.
The site for the park was acquired in 1900 by Tottenham Council, all but 2 acres of which were former Lammas land. Initially called Down Fields, the recreation ground was laid out and formally opened on 11 May 1907. Its facilities included a bowling green, later used by Tottenham Hale Bowling Club, and near the main entrance was a drinking fountain and flowerbeds, although the emphasis was on sports. By 1935 there was perimeter planting and the athletic ground/running track was in place. The park was used for concert parties and bands as well as sporting activities.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsRail/tube: Tottenham Hale. Bus 41, 123, 230, 363, W4.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)