Features of Page Green Common include a number of groups of seven trees, recalling the 'Seven Sisters' group which are thought to have been planted in the 14th century. Otherwise, the site is mostly laid to turf with some shrubs.
Page Green Common is former commonland, which was laid out c.1897 as a public garden by Tottenham UDC, who commissioned F F McKenzie, then Superintendent of Epping Forest, to advise on how the various Tottenham commons might be improved. He recommended Page Green be laid out as a garden with a gravel circle and seats around the existing feature of the Seven Sisters trees, which originated as a circle of seven elm trees possibly planted as early as C14th, according to tradition by seven sisters who had to part. The trees have been replanted numerous times since then.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Seven Sisters (Victoria). Rail: Seven Sisters. London Overground: South Tottenham. Bus 41, 123, 230, W4.
London Parks and Gardens Trust