In 2000 new gates designed by local children in memory of a Stonebridge community leader were erected, leading to a formal landscaped area with seats, circular paving, trees and beds.
Stonebridge Recreation Ground opened to the public on 4 October 1902 on land that was part of the District Council's Sewage Farm. It was 'intended to be the nucleus of a far larger open space for the use of this crowded part of the parish'. By 1906 11 acres south of the sewage farm had been acquired and laid out for cricket, football and a playground, and in 1957 an open air theatre was built.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsLondon Overground/Tube (Bakerloo): Stonebridge Park. Bus: 18, PR2.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)