There is a small area to the south of the church with a memorial stone set in the grass and a couple of large tombs including a chest tomb. In front of the church is grass, a few trees, flagpole and modern gates. Beyond the churchyard,was the old burial ground of the Alexian Brothers within the lands of Twyford Abbey, a rectangular paved area with two rows of headstones and an altar with wooden cross.
Twyford is an ancient parish, which in the 17th and 18th centuries consisted of little more than a manor house and church. The 16th-century church was rebuilt in the 17th century and an early-19th century chapel by William Atkinson was later incorporated when the church was enlarged in 1958.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Alperton (Piccadilly) then bus. Bus: 224
London Parks and Gardens Trust