The churchyard is surrounded by hedge from the village green and has 19th-century monuments and a number of yews, conifers and shrubs. The entrance is through a wrought iron gate at the end of a roadway flanked by an avenue of trees.
Woodford Bridge was so-called for its position near an important crossing point over the Roding River. It was one of four hamlets that made up Old Woodford, which became villages then suburbs in the 1850s after the arrival of the railway. The first subdivision of the old parish took place here and by 1851 services were held in a rented room and St Paul's Church was built in 1854, but later rebuilt in 1886 following a fire.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Woodford , Fairlop (Central) then bus. Bus: 275
- Victorian (1837-1901)
Official WebsiteClick Here
Church of England, Diocese of Chelmsford
London Parks and Gardens Trust