One of the highest points in Ealing, the park has dramatic views and includes a fragment of oak woodland to the west. A pitch and putt course was set up on lower land to the north. To the west of the park across Fox Lane is now a Nature Reserve, a remnant of ancient woodland that was later part of the site of Fox Reservoir.
Hanger Hill Park came into being as a result of negotiations between Ealing Borough Council and the owner of the land here, who sought permission for drainage works in advance of developing the land for housing. In 1905 the Council agreed to undertake these works in return for conveyance of a piece of land for a recreation ground. By 1907 the new park had railings and entrance gates and was laid out with paths, seats and shrubbery borders. The reservoir opened in 1888 and was eventually drained in 1943; in 1949 the land was purchased for public open space.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Hanger Lane (Central). Bus: 83, 112, PR1
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust