Facilities at Pitshanger Park include a playground, play centre, bowling green, tennis courts and football pitches.
The area was once part of the estate of Pitshanger Manor Farm. The old manor house, usually referred to as Pitshanger Farmhouse, had stood near the centre of the modern Meadvale Road, but was demolished in 1908. Ealing Town Council acquired land for the public park in January and April 1905, adding further land in 1913. By 1914 this was laid out with a bowling green, tennis courts, cricket pitches, a perimeter path planted with horse chestnuts, and other paths leading to the entrance off Pitshanger Lane. In 1976 Pitshanger Park became part of the Brent River Park following proposals by the Brent River and Canal Society, which was established in 1973 to set up a linear park and improve the Brent Valley river corridor.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Perivale (Central) then bus. Bus: 95, 297, E2, E7, E9.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)