The churchyard has some interesting 18th-century monuments among the tombs. A complex of paved walks runs between the church, the walled garden of the Vicarage and the ancient Grammar School, which was at one time run by the celebrated naturalist Dr Robert Uvedale (1642-1722).
St Andrew's Church dates from at least the 12th century and Enfield was one of the largest medieval parishes in Middlesex. The church dates largely from the 14th and 15th centuries and contains fine monuments, such as the Tiptoft and Raynton memorials. The large well-planted churchyard was enlarged in 1778 and 1846.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Enfield Town. Bus: 121, 191, 231, 307, 313, 317, 310, 310A, 310B, 311
- 12th Century
Official WebsiteClick Here
London Parks and Gardens Trust