The garden was re-landscaped in 2009/2010 as part of a project to transform and restore the old library.
Enfield Central Library and its adjoining garden were formerly part of the estate of Chase Side House, a C19th villa with 5 acres of beautiful gardens. It was formerly within Old Park, the Home Park of Enfield Manor, which dated from medieval times and once provided deer for Enfield Chase. Part of Chase Side House estate was purchased by Enfield UDC in 1894 as the site for a new town hall. The Central Library was built in 1910 and opened in 1912 but the plan for the town hall was abandoned and Library Green was laid out as public open space.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Enfield Chase/Enfield Town. Bus: 121, 191, 192, 231, 307, 313, 317, 329, W9, 310, 310A, 311, 517, 610, W10
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust