There are many mature trees in the park, including large pollarded trees and numerous oaks scattered over rough grassland, mainly old field boundary trees and the northern boundary is formed by the Turkey Brook.
Enfield UDC purchased 62 acres of farmland owned by Archdeacon Potter and opened Hilly Fields as a public park in 1911. In 1921 a wooden bandstand was built and was a popular attraction but later became derelict. It was restored in 2001 by the Friends of Hillyfields.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Gordon Hill; Crews Hill; Enfield Town then bus. Bus: W8, 191, 610, W10
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust