Town Park is a surviving fragment along with Bush Hill Park Golf Course of the pre-Elizabethan Old Park estate of Enfield Manor. Along the southern boundary runs part of the New River Loop, separating the public park from the private golf course.
Part of the estate became the estates of Chase Side House, which in the 19th century had fine pleasure gardens, and Chase Park. In 1894 Enfield UDC purchased some of the estate lands and Town Park was laid out and opened in 1902, a bathing lake opened in 1905.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk.
DirectionsRail: Enfield Chase/Enfield Town. Bus: 121, 191, 192, 231, 307, 313, 317, 329, W9, 310, 310A, 311, 517, 610, W10
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)