Within the park is the Art Deco Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, a brick building with a round turret. A line of horse chestnut trees runs through the playing fields.
Enfield Playing Fields were provided as recreational space in 1939. The large area of land, some 128.5 acres formerly Bury Farm, was purchased by Enfield Borough Council with the help of a grant of £3,500 from King George's Fields Foundation, as a result of which the site is also known as King George's Playing Fields.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsRail: Enfield Town then bus. Bus: 121, 191, 231, 307, 313, 317