There is a fragment of oak woodland to the west and the gardens at the south end are part of the late-19th/early-20th century landscaping of the east part of Enfield Town. At the south end is the Cenotaph Garden with a war memorial.
Chase Green is former woodland that became part of the hunting park of Enfield Chase in 1136 but to which local people retained common rights. When the Chase was enclosed in 1779 a portion was allotted to Enfield villagers as compensation for loss of rights, although this was enclosed in 1803 except for 5 hectares that were later transferred to Enfield UDC in 1898. As such Chase Green constitutes the first public open space in Enfield.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Enfield Chase/Enfield Town. Bus: 121, 191, 192, 231, 307, 313, 317, 329, W9 [310, 310A, 311, 517, 610, W10]
Official WebsiteClick Here