Features of North Enfield Recreation Ground include a playground, toilets, football pitches and tennis courts.
The north part of the parish of Enfield remained rural into the 20th century. Keen to ensure that some areas remained public open space, in 1907 Enfield UDC purchased land known as Tucker's Field, which had been used as the home ground for Enfield Spartans football club from 1896-1900. It was laid out and opened as North Enfield Recreation Ground. Later a grant was received from the King George's Fields Foundation, established in 1936 to encourage provision of playing fields as a memorial to George V.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk.
DirectionsRail: Gordon Hill then bus. Bus: 610, W10
- Early 20th Century