There are a number of recreational facilities at Bush Hill Park, as well as formal gardens and some rose beds, with avenues of trees and some fine trees including horse chestnuts and oaks.
Bush Hill Park was opened as Bush Hill Recreation Ground by Enfield UDC in 1908. The Bush Hill area was once part of Old Park Estate, a Royal property pre-dating Enfield Chase and the Domesday survey of 1086. In 1660, Charles II granted the estate to General George Monck, Duke of Albemarle and it subsequently passed through many owners, until it was broken up for building in 1871.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk (refer to Council website for seasonal details).
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk (refer to Council website for seasonal details).
DirectionsRail: Bush Hill Park; Enfield Town then bus. Bus: 121, 191, 231, 307, 313, 317
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust