Today the layout is greatly simplified and there are no longer flower displays but some of the original trees remain.
South Norwood Recreation Ground is on a site purchased by Croydon Corporation in 1889, and its facilities included a bandstand, refreshment kiosk, drinking fountain, various sports pitches and a pavilion with changing rooms. A paddling pool and playground were provided in memory of journalist Mr Hall, and the annual village fair attracted crowds. In 1932 Croydon Council purchased adjacent land, some used for allotments until 1949.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
DirectionsRail/London Overground: Norwood Junction. Bus: 75, 157, 410
London Parks and Gardens Trust