This small recreation ground is on former farmland acquired by Croydon Board of Health in 1905 and laid out as a public park by 1911.
This area was once part of the Ashburton Estate owned by the Baring family. The estate mansion used to be situated at the corner of Addiscombe Road and Northampton Road. The estate farmhouse was also on Addiscombe Road with a farmtrack alongside it known as Love Lane.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
DirectionsRail: East Croydon then bus/tram. Tram Route 2: Addiscombe.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust