Part of the woodland, which is predominantly oak, has been fenced off as a bird sanctuary.
Long Lane Woods is old woodland, shown on Thomas Bainbridge’s map of Croydon of 1800. The area remained unaltered although the surrounding fields have been replaced by houses and gardens. The land was in the ownership of F E Lloyd and was purchased in 1924 by Croydon Corporation for public open space.
Visitor FacilitiesThere is open access except for the bird sanctuary, which is closed to the public.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThere is open access except for the bird sanctuary, which is closed to the public.
DirectionsRail: East Croydon then tram. Tramlink: Route 2, Arena
London Parks and Gardens Trust