This is a terraced garden on a sloping site, which was designed to take advantage of the situation adjacent to the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal. There remains a retaining wall of large square stones and there are numerous simple ball finials on squat piers. The house is built in a Voysey style, and has now been converted into flats.
- House (featured building)
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Description: A retaining wall of large square stones.
- Description: Numerous simple ball finials on squat piers.
The Shawms was built in 1905 for Henry John Bostock CBE by the architect Henry T Sandy. Mawson designed the garden in 1909. The house remained in the Bostock family until around 1961 after the death of Eleanora Bostock (Mrs Henry John Bostock).
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
- Associated People