Forebridge Villa 7017

Stafford, England, Staffordshire, Stafford

Brief Description

The villa originally had a small lawned pleasure garden and a kitchen garden. Features include three substantial 19th-century Gothic garden follies which have suffered from vandalism. The house was taken over by the Sisters of St Joseph of Cluny in 1907 and is now a care home.

History

The villa, which fronts the main road to Lichfield, was built in the early-19th century for a local artist.

Features
  • Nursing Home (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Folly
  • Description: A new owner acquired medieval stones from both St Mary?s and St Chad?s churches in Stafford and in 1844 made three substantial Gothic garden follies which have since suffered from vandalism.
  • Earliest Date:
References

Contributors

  • Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust