Facilities at Ravenor Park include a playground, tennis courts, multi-use games area and adult exercise equipment.
Ravenor Park is named after the Ravenor family who had long been associated with the Greenford area. George Ravenor had Ravenor Farm in 1899, and Ravenor House, now demolished, was one of the grand houses on Oldfield Lane. The cowshed barn adjacent to the park are all that remain from the farm. The park is on the site of Coston's Farm, named after Simon Coston who was a local benefactor in the 17th century, and an old hedgerow remains from the former landscape as does a line of mature oaks that used to mark the farm boundaries. Speculative building accelerated in the 1920s and local councils were keen to preserve some land as public open space. Ealing Borough Council consequently purchased Coston's Farm in 1928 for the public park.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Greenford (Central) then walk. Bus: 95, 105, 282, E6, E7, E9, E10
- Early 20th Century