A few buildings remain from the old village and the Green has some prominent trees and a canalised stream running through it. Near the parish church, Northolt Village Rest Garden is laid out with flower beds and lawn, overlooked by the old Willow Cottages.
Northolt was once known as Northall, complementing neighbouring Southall. The area was primarily agricultural until the Paddington Canal was built in 1801, stimulating excavation of brick-earth. The parish was originally 3 hamlets, of which only Northolt Village recognisably survives, its Memorial Hall and surrounding greens held under Trust by the villagers following a trust deed set up in 1927.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Northolt (Central). Bus: 120, 140, 90, 282.
London Parks and Gardens Trust