This small park is predominantly an open grassed space with fine views over Chingford.
Pimp Hall Park is on the former land of the 16th-century Pimps Hall, gardens and farm. In around 1270 it was part of a new manor created near the edge of the Royal Forest of Waltham consisting of 250 acres of farmland, woods, and hedgerows. The name derives from Reynold Pympe who was lord of the manor in 1500. The Hall was used as a working farm until 1934, when it was bought by Chingford Council and the site divided between allotments, a council-run nursery, and this small park.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 9am - half hour before sunset.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 9am - half hour before sunset.
DirectionsRail: Chingford; Highams Park then bus. Bus: 212, 444