The Highams Park is on part of the former Highams estate, landscaped in the 1790s by Humphry Repton. Highams House is now Woodford County High School for Girls and the estate lands still exists in part, primarily as two adjacent park areas: Highams Park, owned by the Corporation of the City of London and part of Epping Forest, and The Highams Park, which was purchased by the local Council. It is on a triangle of sloping land on the eastern side of Repton's lake, which is within the Corporation land.
In 1947 176 pre-fabs were erected here, removed in 1961 when this section of the park was re-established in the 'V' formed between two suburban streets.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Woodford (Central) then bus. Rail: Highams Park then bus. Bus: 20, 179, 275, W13
- 18th Century
- Late 18th Century
- Associated People