Pimp Hall Nature Reserve is on the former land of the C16th Pimps Hall, gardens and farm. This nature reserve includes the C17th dovecote and has the former sites of the Hall and Barn marked out on the ground in gravel.
In c.1270 this was part of a new manor created near the edge of the Royal Forest of Waltham consisting of 250 acres of farmland, woods, and hedgerows. The name derives from Reynold Pympe who was lord of the manor in 1500. The Hall was used as a working farm until 1934, when it was bought by Chingford Council and the site divided between allotments, a small park and a council-run nursery, the latter later established as Pimp Hall Nature Reserve.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 9.30am-4pm.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 9.30am-4pm.
DirectionsRail: Chingford; Highams Park then bus. Bus: 179, 212, 444
London Parks and Gardens Trust