A Gothic Revival style building designed by architect/builder G W Martyn, with the tower dating from 1956, the church is surrounded on two sides by a small garden with flower beds, shrubs and trees. The south porch is English oak with carvings by Don Potter (Porter?).
The Roman Catholic Church was established in Chingford in 1914, and the Church of Our Lady of Grace and St Teresa of Avila was founded in 1919 although it was not until 1930/31 that the present church was built.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsRail: Chingford. Bus: 97, 179, 212, 313, 379, 444
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
Official WebsiteClick Here
London Parks and Gardens Trust