Chingford Green, unlike other former rural hamlets in the area, retains some sense of its earlier atmosphere.
In 1844 the parish church of St Peter and St Paul was built on the Green, and a few C18th and C19th buildings still overlook the green. The area remained rural until housing development took place largely as a result of the arrival of the railway in the late C19th and by the 1920s suburban housing replaced Chingford's fields.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Chingford. Bus: 97, 179, 212, 313, 379, 444