The church and its surrounding graveyard are on former forest land, but it is now in the centre of Chingford and surrounded by roads. The churchyard is well planted with trees including holm oak and lime, and the area around Chingford Green retains some sense of its former village atmosphere.
The Church of St Peter and St Paul was built on Chingford Green in 1844 to replace the old Chingford Parish Church of All Saints situated a little distant on Chingford Mount, which had by then fallen into a state of decay.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted. Church open daily 8.30-9am/6-6.30pm plus Wed 2-4pm.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted. Church open daily 8.30-9am/6-6.30pm plus Wed 2-4pm.
DirectionsRail: Chingford. Bus: 97, 179, 212, 313, 379, 444
- Mid 19th Century
Official WebsiteClick Here
London Parks and Gardens Trust